So on my birthday I made a few resolves that I was going to accomplish before I turned 30. Being that March 14th is my half birthday I figured I should do a progress check to see where I’m at in reaching my before 30 goal list.
Just in case you don’t want to click on the link, Ill go ahead and recap the goals for you (yes, I’m awesomely sweet like that)
1. Finish my first novel
2. Have basic fluency in French
3. Bring an income from writing
4. Go to Disney World with my extended family
5. Enjoy the now
6. Go on more dates
7. Get rid of my belly fat (I added this one)
So here is an update towards my goal
1. I’ve started and stopped two books and just started on my third one. I really like my latest story and have been knocking out my word count. I’ve decided no matter what, I’m finishing this one. Even if it turns out dumb, it will be a dumb completed novel.
2. I’m still working on this! I’m in language school a few times a week. I had to stop the intensive one because of finances, but I was blessed to get a really awesome teacher who I’ve been learning a lot from. I’m well on my way and am really getting there. I am conversational in comprehension for sure, it’s just getting to the point where I can speak back in full, complete sentences is what I’m working on.
3. The beginning of the year brought some copywriting contracts that allowed me to put a deposit down on some 30th birthday fun as well as tickets for a trip back to Texas for Lyric and I next month. I haven’t had any else since then, but I’m hopeful! In other news I have a literary internship with an agency in the states doing reading and editing so that has been fun!
4. Ya, I’m no where near this, but it was a WISH not a goal, so I’m okay if it doesn’t magically happen.
5. I think I’ve really embraced this. I’ve settled into all the changes that have been happening for us in the ministry and personally and embracing it all with an open heart. I’ve been really enjoying my kids and this new stage of not really being in baby mode. I got a new life planner and each morning I sit down and write my goals for the day. That way they are realistic for the mood I’m in
6. Aww yeah! We’ve been doing dates every other week, which for us is about as much as we can do, but it’s been a lot of fun and really nice to get away just us two.
7. This has been a goal that I’ve had since Valor was born almost two years ago. I haven’t done much about it besides a failed attempt at the 30 Day Shred last summer. WELL I gained about 10 pounds over the holidays and those dang 10lbs do not want to naturally go away. So for the last week I’ve been dieting and exercising. It’s been really tough and I haven’t seen much results, but I am determined to welcome 30 with a flat stomach. I don’t need a six pack, I just want the muffin top to melt away.
But let’s be real, my real goal is… well… I think Michael Scott says it best: